Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Lost Prayers #4


Acts of Homage to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, Parts 2 and 3: Act of Consecration and Ejaculation

Act of Consecration
Jesus, adorable Lord, hidden in Thy Sacrament of love, Thou who abidest with us to sweeten our exile, should I not occupy myself in consoling Thee in Thine? To Thee who givest me Thy heart, how should I not offer Thee mine?

Truly, to give myself to Thee is to benefit myself; it is to find an ineffable treasure, a heart, loving, disinterested, and faithful, such as I would wish my own to be. I cannot be for ever receiving, and giving nothing in return. Dear Lord, I could never vie with Thee in generosity, but I love Thee; deign to accept my poor heart, and though it is worthless, yet because Thou lovest it, it may become something by Thy grace; make it good and take it into Thy custody.

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, I consecrate to Thee all the powers of my soul, and all the powers of my body; I desire to apply myself to the work of knowing Thee and loving Thee ever more and more, in order to make Thee better known and loved by others. I would do nothing except what tends to Thy glory, nor act in anything but as Thy divine Father wills. I consecrate to Thee all the moments of my life in a spirit of adoration before Thy real presence, in a spirit of thanksgiving for this incomparable gift, of reparation for our cruel indifference, and of incessant supplication, so that our prayers offered to Thee, with Thee, and in Thee may rise to the throne of divine mercy pure and efficacious, and for God's eternal glory. Amen.

Ejaculation
Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, on fire with love of us, inflame our hearts with love of Thee.

(These prayers come from the 1910 edition of the Raccolta.)

No comments:

Post a Comment