Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Lost Prayers #5


Acts of Homage to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, Part 4: Act of Reparation

Eucharistic Heart of my God, living and beating under the veil of the sacred species, I adore Thee.

Moved afresh with love for the immense benefit of the divine Eucharist, penetrated with sorrow for my ingratitude, I humble and annihilate myself in the still greater abyss of Thy mercies.

Thou didst choose me from childhood; Thou didst not despise my infirmity; Thou didst descend into my poor heart, and giving it happiness and peace, didst invite it to mutual love; and I have lost all, by being unfaithful to Thee, O Jesus, my Lord. I have allowed my spirit to become dissipated and my heart to grow cold; I have listened to my own voice and have forgotten Thee.

Thou wouldst have been my guide, my counselor, protector of my life, and I, allowing my passions to destroy the sweet attraction of Thy presence, have lost sight of Thee and forgotten Thee.

In the salutary trials of our probation, in times of joy and consolation, in my difficulties and necessities, instead of having recourse to Thee, I have gone after creatures and have forgotten Thee.

I have forgotten Thee in deserted tabernacles, where Thy love languishes, in the churches of towns where Thou art outraged in the hearts of the indifferent and sacrilegious, and in my own sinful heart, O Jesus, as well when I approached to receive Thee, as after receiving Thee.

Eucharistic Heart of my Saviour, the delight of my first Communion and of the days of my fidelity, I surrender to Thee. Return! Return! Draw me to Thyself afresh. Pardon me yet again this time; and I shall hope everything in the strength of Thy love.

Glorious Archangel St. Michael and thou, O beloved disciple St. John, offer to Jesus this my act of reparation, and be propitious to me. Amen.

(This prayer comes from the 1910 edition of the Raccolta.)

No comments:

Post a Comment