Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Saint for the New Year

Have you chosen a companion saint for the New Year yet? Or perhaps a better question...has a companion saint chosen you for the New Year yet? 

I used Jennifer Fulwiler's Saint's Name Generator again this year. It's an easy process. In one click of a mouse and with a little prayer, God gives you the perfect saint to walk with you in your journey through 2014.

This year, I was chosen by St. Martha. I think God is chuckling a bit about this, but He is also making a point. I tend to work and worry a lot. I also get very distracted sometimes, and like Martha, I don't always take the time to sit at the Lord's feet and just listen to Him. I even get rather impatient with people around me who don't seem to have their priorities in order. I can almost hear Jesus saying to me, “Amy, Amy, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing.” 

St. Martha, then, is part of God's personal message to me as well as my companion saint for the year. I hope to learn more about her over the next twelve months. I also intend to pray to her often, asking for her intercession with confidence that she will place all my needs before God. After all, she has a front row seat in Heaven! 

So if you haven't already done so, please open your heart to a new saint for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment