Saturday, July 4, 2020

Welcome Back!


Welcome back to the Catholic Scholar blog! I realize that I haven't written a new post for quite a long time, but there is a reason for my seeming negligence. For the last year or so, I have been working on my M.A. thesis at Signum University. It turned out to be a much larger project than I first anticipated, but I am happy to say that it is finished and defended.

My thesis, The Germanic Lord’s Prayer Texts: A Critical Edition and Commentary, ended up book length, but I have decided not to publish it in book form. Rather I've created a website to showcase the project:


If you are at all interested in the Lord's Prayer, you might want to check it out. I cover twenty-one texts in five ancient Germanic languages: Gothic, Old Saxon, Old High German, Old English, and Old Norse. For each text, I provide an introduction with historical and linguistic context, a semi-normalized edition of the text (from the original manuscript if possible), a modern English translation, and a detailed commentary.

If you're really interested and care to listen to me present my thesis, you can watch my Thesis Theater on Signum University's YouTube page:


Anyway, again, welcome back to the Catholic Scholar blog. I will try to update regularly with new posts and begin a couple new series that dig into the deep meanings of the Sunday collect prayers and the treasures of the Mass's Eucharistic prayers.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment