Thursday, August 16, 2018

Lost Prayers #7


Prayer in Honor of the Five Sacred Wounds

I thank Thee, O Lord Jesus! for the painful wound of Thy left foot, from which flowed the washing away of our sins. In it I sink and hide all the sins I have committed.

I thank Thee, O Lord Jesus Christ! for the painful wound of Thy right foot, from which the fountain of peace flowed to us. In it I sink and bury all my desires, that they may be purified and remain unspotted by any earthly stain.

I thank Thee, O Lord Jesus Christ! for the painful wound of Thy left hand, from which the well of grace flowed to us. In it I enclose all my spiritual and bodily ills, that, in union with Thy suffering, they may become sweet to me, and by patience may become of good odor before God.

I thank Thee, O Lord Jesus Christ! for the painful wound of Thy right hand, from which the medicine of the soul was poured forth. In it I hide all the negligences and omissions of which I have been guilty in my virtuous exercises, that they may be atoned for by Thy zealous works.

I thank Thee, O Lord Jesus Christ! for the healing wound of Thy sweetest heart, from which living water and blood, and the riches of all good flowed to us. I place myself into this wound, and therein unite all my imperfect love to Thy divine love, that so it may be made perfect. Amen.

(From Manual of Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament, 1897)

No comments:

Post a Comment