Sunday, February 25, 2018

Lost Prayers #1

This series of posts will feature traditional Catholic prayers that are now rarely used. It's time to revive these beautiful words of love to God.

A Prayer for the Love of God 

O my Jesus, Thou well knowest that I love Thee; but I do not love Thee enough: Oh! make me to love Thee more. O Love which burnest always and is never extinguished, my God, Thou Who art Charity itself, kindle in my heart that divine fire which consumes the Saints and transforms them into Thee. Amen. 

Prayer for Grace to Do the Will of God 

Grant me, most kind Jesus, Thy grace, that it may abide with me, labour with me, and persevere with me to the end. 

Grant me ever to desire and to will that which is the more acceptable to Thee, and pleases Thee more dearly. 

May Thy will be mine, and my will ever follow Thine, and be in closest accord with it. 

May it be my one care to will and to be unwilling with Thee, and may I be unable to will or not will anything but what Thou willest or willest not. Amen. 

(Both prayers come from the 1910 edition of the Raccolta.)

No comments:

Post a Comment