Friday, December 21, 2012

A Prayer to Prepare for Christmas

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Slow me down. Envelope me in silent meditation. Show me the deep meaning of Your birth among us as the God-Man. 

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Teach me let go of my fears and anxieties and to trust that You will lead me through whatever plan You have for me, just as You led Mary and Joseph, the shepherds, and the magi. 

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Lead me to repentance that my heart may be swept clean to welcome You.

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Help me understand that You are the greatest gift I will ever receive and the greatest gift I can ever give to others. 

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Shine Your light in me and through me that everyone around me will see not me but You. 

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Fill me with joy, the joy of Mary and Joseph, the joy of the angels, the joy of the shepherds and the magi, that I may praise and worship You from the depths of my being. 

Prepare my heart for Christmas, Lord. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment