Saturday, March 19, 2022

Gospel Acclamation: Third Sunday of Lent

Repent, says the Lord; the kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Repent. Admit that we are weak, sinful people who offend God frequently.

Repent. Examine our consciences thoroughly.

Repent. Look straight at our sins realistically, and admit that we have done wrong.

Repent. Express contrition for our sins, deep sorrow that we have offend the God Who loves us more than we can ever imagine.

Repent. Confess our sins.

Repent. Deliberately turn away from sin, and resolve to sin no more.

Repent. Humbly ask for God's forgiveness, knowing that we do not deserve it yet that He is pleased to grant it in His great mercy and love.

Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all of my sins because of Your just punishments, but most of all because they offend You, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment